This tuna dip is so versatile and can be used as a spread, in a sandwich or even in a salad.
Source: Not quite Nigella
- 4 whole pickles
- 3 tablespoons pickling solution (from the jar of pickles)
- 1 green spring onion
- 425g tuna
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- Place the gherkins and the spring onions in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well together until it becomes a smooth dip consistency.
Cod, broad beans and artichoke dip
You can use any mild white fish for this recipe. Using smoked or grilled fish will add extra flavour!
Source: My Recipes
- 1 large garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ pound cod or other mild white fish, cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Process garlic and 1 teaspoon rosemary in a food processor until finely chopped. Add olive oil and next 5 ingredients; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add cod, salt, and black pepper; pulse just until well blended. Garnish, if desired.
Trout dip recipe
Cook some trout and use the flakes to make this dip. Alternatively, you can use smoked trout! A nice alternative to smoked salmon if you want something slightly different.
Source: Adrianna Adarme
- 0.5 ounces cooked trout
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, plus more as garnish
- 2 green onions, white and pale green parts only, sliced
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 5 turns of freshly cracked pepper
- 1 small pickle, diced
- Splash of hot sauce
- Butter crackers, for serving
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, with the paddle attachment, add the cooked trout, cream cheese, mayonnaise, fresh dill, green onions, lemon juice and zest, black pepper, diced pickle and hot sauce.
- Turn the mixer on low and mix until completely combined. Alternatively, you could add everything to a medium bowl and mash everything up using a fork.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Serve alongside crackers.